
One of my favorite movies is Forest Gump. I have seen this movie countless times and can't quite seem to get sick of it. Whether I catch it on T.V. or watch the DVD I always enjoy this movie.
I find when I watch Forest Gump it touches on every emotion. I feel happy for and proud of Forest when he finally catches shrimp on his boat after countless failed attempts. I feel bad for Forest when he is a child who wears leg braces and can't walk properly and when the other children tease and harass him. I feel extreme joy when Forest's leg braces break off and he can finally run for the first time.
Forest is a very simple person who doesn't let anything deter or hold him back. He is able to accomplish so much during the course of his life. He is a star college football player, a decorated veteran, a champion ping pong player, a successful shrimp boat captain, and eventually a loving father.
The one part of the movie that always frustrates me is Forest's relationship with Jenny. Jenny is his childhood crush that Forest will always love. I find myself getting so fed up with her presence. She is constantly in and out of Forest's life with no regard for his feelings. I understand that Jenny does care about and love Forest but she takes advantage of him and he is too blinded by his love for her to notice this.
I couldn't agree with you more. I love this movie, it really does tug at every single emotion. I also agree about Jenny, she's one of those characters you want to reach into the movie and shake for being so stupid but I guess they needed someone negative in his life. Great movie I think you did a good job summing things up.
ReplyDeleteI defiantly have to agree with you. I love this movie; it has touched me with many emotions. Forest Gump the character, taught me to go for my dreams and never give up. He himself went for his dream to become a shrimp boat caption. I have too, watched this movie over and over again. This movie is very inspirational. Good choice!
ReplyDeleteI agree this is one of the most intresting movies of all time. it goes through everything from relationsships, overcoming different situation to succeed. I love this movie cause he never stopped fighting. He finally gets the girl in the end.
ReplyDeleteI agree. this is a great movie that touches you in every way possible. It's so inspiring in that forest accomplishes everything he wanted to even though other people told him that he wouldn't.
ReplyDeleteI never thought about jenny like that, but i couldn't agree with you more. She doesn't seem to have any regard for his feelings. This is a really good movie though, a true classic.
ReplyDeleteClassic movie. So good because there is so many emotions that you feel throughout.
ReplyDeleteOne part that I love about this movie is how it shows that the love of a mother is the most important thing a person can have. Forrest mother is a strong woman, who as a single mother continously encourages his son and concentrates on his gifts and not his short-comings. If Forrest's mother had not believed in him, he would have never believed in himself.
ReplyDelete