Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Tribe Has Spoken


Miley Cyrus and your parents please extinguish your torches on the way out. Miley Cyrus is most famous for her role as Hannah Montana on Disney's hit TV show. She has recently become known for many controversial photos and life choices.
She is very much in the public eye, and it is important to note that she is still a child, although she chooses to live her life as if she is an adult. When I googled Miley Cyrus the first photo that came up was one where she was half naked in her underwear, pulling up her shirt in a provocative manor. She has also been 'linked' romantically to men in their twenties and as you can see has recently become a pole dancer.
The problem isn't necessarily the choices that she makes, but the fact that she is a celebrity who is very much in the public eye and is also sixteen years old. There are millions of little girls who look up to her and this behavior shouldn't be acceptable. This sets a horrible example for the tons of children who want to grow up to be just like 'Miley'. As someone who gained fame on a 'wholesome' network such as the Disney Channel should be more aware of her fan base and act accordingly.
In her defense she is just a child, and when did it become okay to exploit children for monetary gain? As a society we should be better than this. It seems as if her parents are too busy getting rich off of exploiting their child to step up and be parents. I think if anyone should be putting their foot down and knowing when to say enough is enough it should be her parents. Which is why I choose to vote off Miley Cyrus along with her irresponsible parents.

11 comments:

  1. Great post, I totally agree. I was happy to find out my niece stopped liking her because of the pictures she was posting. I think think Miley and her family have let money corrupt them. They like to portray themselves as wholesome country people with high morals but to me they are trash. It should be illegal for her to take some of the photos she has taken, but just like with many other things, money talks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I guess I am out of the loop on these pictures she has. I have seen her tv show, and heard some of her songs, but thats about it. You posted a good argument, and persuaded me to agree with you. good writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although I agree with you about the reasons Miley should be kicked off the island. I think the ones who should be kicked off are her parents. She is only 16 years old and has been in the limelight for quite some time. The path her carreer has taken are not her fault, parents have to give consent for those photos to be taken and published, it is not her choice. At least we have to be thankful she's not pregnant yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have to disagree with your reason why Miley shouldn be kick off the island. Yeah, Miley did post bad pictures of herself, but it does not make her a bad person. I believe she is famous and the media are making it a big deal. I still believe Miley is a good role model for young girls. I like Miley. She does not act like other celeberity girls of her age. Miley is not acting like any of the other girls because her parents has tought her well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im not saying she should be kicked off or stay on the island. I think people make many mistakes and shes only sixteen. Also the media and paparazzi will make sure they find those mistakes. So, only time will tell how she does with the fame growing up, but josefina does make a good point it is her parents fault she is only sixteen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would have to agree on that, i think kids have the wrong role model if they're looking up to Miley Cyrus.Its not completley her fualt, young entainers have pressure to look a certain way. They usually end doing things that are recomended by there agents directors stylists and e.t.c. again she's only sixteen so there is no way she has control over eveything that she does.There are other people around her that influence some of the decitions that reflect badly on her image.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm neutral when it comes to Miley Cyrus, I dont hate like her or like her, but the fact that many people look up to her as an idol tells me she should act properly since she could easily influence one of her fans. And I agree that her parents should take greater responsibility to keep her from doing anything that would make herself look bad to the public eye.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I couldn't agree more. It is just a matter of time before stardom ruines her life as it did with Brittney Spears and so many other child stars.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with you.I can beleive she is only sixteen years old and naked in her underwear unfront of people.I would also take her parents off on irland because it seems that they don't have time for her. She is only sixteen,she needs advices,you never know, she might change.good job john!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have a good point. I personally don't like her and I think she is over-rated. "As someone who gained fame on a 'wholesome' network such as the Disney Channel should be more aware of her fan base and act accordingly" I totally agree with this statement. Million of little girls look up to her, including my little cousin, I wouldnt want her learning from her.

    ReplyDelete
  11. "In her defense she is just a child, and when did it become okay to exploit children for monetary gain?"

    Indeed, when did it?

    ReplyDelete